Monday, September 11, 2006

Ryan's first day back to school

Mommy was VERY excited! Ryan, not so much...








He got a little better once we got to the school....





The girls waiting for Ryan to come back....




Alas, he survived. It was a very tearful goodbye but when I picked him up he said he had fun and wanted to go another day. Don't worry buddy, you will!

Molly and Kate missed big brother. They kept saying, "Ryan? Ryan?" I reassured them that we would see him soon. Needless to say it was a very happy reunion on all parts.

As you may or may not know, I am the President of a local chapter of MOMS Club. We hosted a speaker last week that talked about "Parenting Challenges". There was a first time mom new to the club that asked a question about her twin one year old boys. She explained that when seated in their highchairs one of the boys would throw his sippy cup and then the other thinking that was neat would throw his too. Having great fun, the boys would laugh at her. Quite exacerbated, she asked how to control this behavior. The speaker went on and on about ways to deal with this. I had to chuckle. Welcome to motherhood sister!

Having three kids has definitely been an eye opening experience. I'm learning at times it's easier to be a part of the "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" camp.

I know I am hugging my kids a little longer and tighter today. I cannot believe its been five years since 9/11. I can only hope my children never know the terror of that day. I am keeping all of the victims and families of victims in my prayers.

The girls are napping and Ryan needs some lovin'.

No comments: